This theme is feature packed, and meant to take full advantage of WordPress features.
Notice: This theme has not been updated in awhile. I’ve since moved on, to the current theme you see now. The current theme is NOT available for download, sorry. Some information on this page may be outdated. My apologies!
Download: Crimson Milk 1.01 . This is the second ever public release (June 16).
Because I love lists oh so much, here are a bunch of them.
- Draggable sidebar elements. This allows you to hide and rearrange boxes in the sidebar. What you’ve done is saved in a cookie so that it remembers what you’ve changed. All this courtesy of Brothercake’s brilliant DBX Docking Boxes script.
- Rounded corners ala 456 Berea Street’s Transparent Rounded corners. A php function
rounded_div()allows for easy implementation. It takes arguments for id, class, and orientation. For example,
< ?php rounded_div("top", "navbox", "specialid"); ?>would produce rounded div code with
classof “navbox” and
- Fixed navigation allows you to navigate to the Home page, the top of the page, and the bottom of the page from wherever you are on the site. A invisible fixed link at the bottom left hand corner of the page takes one to the admin page (or the login window if you are not logged in). All fixed navigation is not shown to browsers that can’t handle it….IE/Windows
- Detects whether you are the owner, and gives you a special red heading on your comments. To edit your settings, go to comments.php in the theme and follow the instructions there.
- Released under the GPL
- Uses css
text-shadowon the header for Safari (the only browser that supports this valid css rule.
- Fully XHTML and CSS valid. If you come across a situation where it is invalid, let me know!
- Uses a heavily modified squidfingers original pattern. You may want to experiment with different background images. A dark background will create a very cool glow effect..
- The index page displays the first post at full length and the excerpt for the rest. Asides are easy to integrate (see instructions blow).
- Firefox, Netscape, Camino (the Gecko Family)
- Safari and *untested* Konqueror
- Mac Internet Explorer 5
- Windows Internet Explorer 6 (with concessions for png backgrounds and fixed navigation)
Plugins ready to go
- Alexander Malov’s Random Witty Text. Cunningly replaces the description of your blog next to the title.
- Mt. Dew Virus’s Most Commented plugin.
- My Wordspew Ajax Shoutbox plugin
- Coldforged’s Spell Checker plugin
- Alex King’s Popularity Contest. Instructions: in the plugin file, there is a variable at the very top,
$ak_show_popularity_with_post = 1;…change that to
$ak_show_popularity_with_post = 0;
- Kafkaesqui’s The Excerpt Reloaded. Strongly recommended!
- Shawn Grimes’s SRG Clean Archives. For use with the Custom Archives special page. Details below
Lester Chan’s WP-Poll Plugin. The original version spews quite a lot of invalid code and tables and all that yucky. I should be giving out a cleaned up version sometime…. Use Democracy!
- Scott Reily’s Customizable Post Listings. For use with Asides. To make asides work with this theme (as seen on my home page), you should create a new category for posts (under Manage > Categories in your admin panel). Get the ID of that category, and go into index.php of the theme. Change
$asides_category = 10;to
$asides_category = X;where X is the ID of the category being used for themes. Next, go into index.php of your wordpress root (the main folder) and add a line like this:
$cat ="-X";where X is the category for asides. Make sure to leave in the negative sign. Finally, install this plugin and make posts to your Asides category (asides only, you mustn’t have more than one category).
- All plugins that run through theme hooks
Well that does it. You may use the comment form below for suggestions and bugs and all, I’d be happy to answer. Also, I love seeing my stuff being used, so if you’d be kind enough to leave a comment telling me where you’ve successfully installed the plugin that would be wonderful. Enjoy!